Justin Wood is the BIA’s Government Affairs Coordinator. He can be reached at or email.
If you’re interested in joining the next Government Affairs Committee meeting, please send Justin an email for information regarding the next meeting.
We need you; if you're not at the table, you're on the menu. Tell your story - how laws and regulations impact your business, employees, and the industry - and be an advocate for the industry.
BIA of Clark County is advocating for you
The Building Industry Group, a non-partisan Political Action Committee of the BIA, supports the Southwest Washington building industry through political action, voter education, and industry advocacy.
The B.I.G. PAC is the political voice for the construction industry in SW Washington. The B.I.G. works to create a business-friendly environment by supporting candidates for office that are advocates for housing affordability and construction, in general, as well as educate the public about construction costs associated with government regulations, fees and land use policy.
Find your local elected representatives ⇒ click here
BIAW has your back at the state
The 2021 Regular Session adjourned sine die on April 25, 2021. For full information, including how to find your district and elected officials, visit the Legislature’s website.
2021 Legislative Priorities ⇒ view
BIAW Government Affairs exists to defend affordable housing for the citizens of Washington state. BIAW works year-round to engage in relevant builder activities and provide regular participation in rule making and agency task forces.
- The political action committee, the Washington Affordable Housing Council (WAHC) plays an active role in Washington state elections: investing time, energy, and money into promoting pro-business and pro-housing candidates
- BIAW also produces a biennial “How They Voted” guide, a voting record of each legislator’s support for, or opposition to, issues important to the building industry
- BIAW’s Legal team provides invaluable legal information and updates to members. They watch important cases that have the potential to affect builders throughout the state, and regularly file supporting briefs in precedent-setting cases before the appellate courts and the Washington Supreme Court.
Learn more and subscribe to the Lawmaker Review at BIAW.com.
NAHB works to protect you everyday
CapitolConnect™ is a legislative activation tool. It will provide you with a means to conveniently contact your elected officials about the issues that most concern you, your family, and NAHB. Register or view NAHB’s Advocacy Alerts.
- The NAHB Advocacy App makes it easy to access key information when you’re on the go. Get the latest housing news and economic data. You’ll also find contact information for members of Congress and regulatory agencies in Washington, D.C. and Washington state. Download on the Apple AppStore or Google Play store.
- NAHB produced Housing Data for Washington. View now.
- In need of some national housing data, economics, and industry news? View NAHB’s endless resources.